question

Sander Callewaert avatar image
Sander Callewaert asked

settings MultiPlus-II GX and MultiPlus-II via VE.Bus

Change settings MultiPlus-II GX and MultiPlus-II

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere. That's why I hope this group could help me.

We are looking for a Victron setup. At home we have a 3 phase suply. That is why we have chosen for ourselves 1x a Multiplus-II-GX(L1-N) and 2x Multiplus-II (L2-N and L3-N).

We would like to be able to configure these devices. Everywhere in the manuals they talk about an accessory (Interface MK3-USB) for configuring the devices. But I was wondering since we have a Multiplus-II-GX we can set it through the internet port. And if this Multiplus-II-GX is connected via the VE.bus ports to the other 2 Multiplus-II could these devices be set up like this trough the GX? Or is It realy nasecary to configure these units to heave a MK3-USB converter. We would also like to keep our system in check via the (VRM system). For that you would need a Cerbo GX. If I understand correctly, this device would ensure that all data about my Multiplus-II is available via the VRM. But since I will have a Multiplus-II-GX is it still necessary to add such a Cerbo GX? Or can the Multiplus-II-GX version also talk to the VRM-online system?

Hopefully my question is loud and clear. Hopefully someone knows if this would be possible.

Thx!

Multiplus-II3 phaseMK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sander Callewaert

A three phase system is not a beginner setup. It may be best to deal with a good supplier who will help you program and set it up.

screenshot-20211009-210022.jpg

You will need some training from victron professional. And yes an mk3 to usb adaptor and the ve config software suite.

Still get the gx device it is necessary for monitoring and fault diagnosis. Get all victron unit as a matching units. Speak to your supplier they will advise you accordingly on all things including correct battery sizing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.