question

Marco avatar image
Marco asked

BMV 712 relay logic

Hi, if I enable triggers for more than one parameter (say Vbat1 high/low and Vbat2 high/low ), how will the relay act?Logic AND or logic OR to turn on the relay?

BMV Battery MonitorRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sorry for not giving you a great reply, as this is a general forum and not a victron tech support site so most replys are from individuals who dont work for victron, but we try to help out were we can.

I would just test it by putting amounts in yourself and seeing the results.

I would have to do that if I want to know, its quicker that waiting for a advanced reply from the Techs,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

From my experience it's "OR" logic. The relay will be flipped on whatever even comes first and will flip back on whatever event clears last.

2 |3000

esteban avatar image
esteban answered ·

I recently read the documentation carefully and it seems to be specifying that the relay closes if ANY specified condition is met (OR) and then it opens back up if ALL thresholds for opening are met - (AND).

So, if I understand correctly, if you set BMV relay to activate when starter battery goes above 13.5 v and you also set to activate when house battery goes below 70% charge, then if BMV see either condition, it will activate relay.

Then where those same parameters have deactivate thresholds - starter battery < 13.3, house battery >90% charge then both will have to be true to deactivate. AND

I hope I got that right. I need an AND logic for activation, OR logic for deactivation so I plan to experiment with this at some point, trying the "invert" setting to see if this inverts the logic as well.

It would be great if Victron were here to answer questions like they used to on the blog, but I think these forums are in place to reduce their need to interact.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic