question

jan-dittmer avatar image
jan-dittmer asked

Service to show Tesla Wallbox 3 (TWC3) in Victron system

Hi,

this might be interesting to some of you. I wrote a simple service which polls data from the Tesla Wall Box (EV Charger, TWC3) and puts the data on dbus.

It will emulate 2 devices:

1) An AC Charger devices (based on the example in the repository) which will make the data show up on the "Remote Console".

2) To make the charging state and speed also show on VRM, it creates a fake temperature device with the current state of charging.

Source code is on github: https://github.com/trixing/venus.dbus-twc3

Given the TWC3 doesn't allow control of charging speed or state, there is no control possible. Higher level integration, e.g. controlling inverter based on EV presence could be implemented in a separate dbus service, I might be able to share an example of this in the future.

Hope this is useful to some. It also can serve as a good template for other chargers.

Cheers,

twc3-vrm.png

twc3-remote-console.png

modifications
twc3-vrm.png (93.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

I don't have a tesla, but that's super cool! I'm not a programmer but I'll look a the github as I have a Juicebox for my two EVs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barryward avatar image
barryward answered ·

This is very cool, and also now that Victron have implemented their own EV charger we should be able to get this to show up in VRM with the right productID

2 |3000

gamechanger avatar image
gamechanger answered ·

Hey, can you use those data to give your tesla signals then he shall start ?

I own 2 Tesla Wallboxes and dont wanna change them cause the *button*.

But i like to give it signals then my house battery is full he shall take the energy.

Thank you

Klaus

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic