question

vtecvfr avatar image
vtecvfr asked

Cerbo GX connect to Honda eu3000is

Can you connect a Honda generator (eu3000is) to the cerbo gx to control the generator remotely and set up auto start/stop variables?

cerbo gxGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

From what I can tell there is no remote control for the eu3000is as stock, so it would not be possible to interface it to Cerbo.

I did find several mentions of an aftermarket remote start so you might be able to add it.

I have an eu7000is which does have a remote start connector. This expects a close to run plus a start pulse. Cerbo puts out the close to run signal but you'd need to generate the start pulse with a one-shot relay.

Other generators require separate close to start and close to open inputs. The Cerbo relay output would need two one-shot relays to generate the necessary signals for those generators.

Since I don't know what the aftermarket remotes for the eu3000is needs I mentioned both interfaces.

There are also some generator control modules that accept the close to run/ open to stop signal from Cerbo. You'd have to figure out if these could be adapted to the eu3000is.

One complicating factor is that to start, you need to close the choke, then open it after the generator has started. One of the articles specifically mentions a remote choke as part of their remote control.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wenlar avatar image
wenlar answered ·

Look for a GSCM-mini. A wiring diagram is provided for an EU3000is, gas powered or propane powered. A servo for the choke is required.

I’ve used this device successfully with a EM5000SX ( which has an auto choke).

I have both the EU and the EM and chose to use The EM because it performs better in cold temperatures.

1 comment
2 |3000

vtecvfr avatar image vtecvfr commented ·
Thanks for the advice.....looks to be an option but its not a cheap module........would also need to get an auto choke for the eu3000.....
0 Likes 0 ·