question

luckybeanz avatar image
luckybeanz asked

Multiplus II automatic on/off with cerbo gx and VE.BUS

Hi I know similar has been asked in the past, but I have not yet been able to find a solution. Maybe someone else has come up with something?

I am two lithium, a 48v bank and a 12v bank, on my sailboat. I normally live aboard, but this winter I will be leaving the boat for an extended period. I would like to run a far infrared heater and dehumidifier whilst I am away. I have 1.2kw of solar so should be able to handle almost continuous use. Though what I would like to do is only run them when the batteries are charged up to say 70%, thus ensuring that if there are a few days of no sun and the battery drops bellow this level the inverter (and devices it is running) won't running the battery down.

Is there a way I can do this? Note that I am running REC BMS which controls the charging via the cerbo gx.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

If you have a correct state-of-charge value in the system, you could connect the heater and dehumidifier to "AC Out 2" and program a generator start-and-stop assistant with VE.Configure.

Below is just an example of that assistant setting that would shut AC Out 2 off when SOC is under 70% and then turn it on again when SOC rises to 80%.

screenshot-2021-09-26-165515.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luckybeanz avatar image luckybeanz commented ·
Thank you I will give it a go.

0 Likes 0 ·