question

lee-odonohue avatar image
lee-odonohue asked

generator erattic charging with quattro fronius AC coupled off grid

Hi, i'm wondering if anyone can help with my generator to quattro charging issue. I have an AC coupled off grid system with 2 x fronius primo 8.2 ( each carrying 8700w of PV ) feeding into a Victron Quattro 15000va inverter and a 27kwh Kokam lithium battery.

The generator is a 25kva which is all hooked up to auto start. At first it worked fine but recently when it starts the quattro is drawing the power very erratically and the charge current from the quattro is all over the place but at a much lower rate than its capable of. Sometimes the generator will level out as normal if I start a big load such the mig welder or the toaster and kettle together would do the trick and other times nothing works.

Also sometimes during the day the fronius's will shut down several times and if we are drawing more than the Victron can handle it will shut down due to overload as the fronius aren't helping anymore and needs to be restarted.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks lee

GeneratorAC PV Coupling
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

to help out here much more info is needed and some graphs over at least 1 hr of the issue.

your solar is 17.4Kw and the 2 x primos are 16.4Kw this is over the max allowed PV solar which is 15Kw

1. Quattro Input voltage

2. Quattro output voltage

3. Quattro output and input Hz

4. battery voltage and current

5. Solar output when the issue is occuring

6. I presume the solar is connected on the AC 1 out of the Quattro

7. how are the Primo units controlled

8. what assistants are being used and what are there settings

9. have you got a GX device attached and is it connected to the internet

10 pictures of the instalation

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

What are your settings regarding grid, weak ac etc...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.