question

gregoryfierens avatar image
gregoryfierens asked

Why is VE.BUS voltage used instead of Battery Voltage for change of Bulk to Absorption ?

Hello,

I could not understand why my system was switching to absorption before reaching the indicated value (55,2v) and then I stumbled upon the VE.BUS DC Voltage difference with Battery Voltage ...

There is a difference and there might be reasons for it ... but shouldn't the charging state be triggered by the battery voltage of the system instead of VE.BUS DC voltage ?

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure this and/or make sure VE.BUS Voltage is the same as the Battery Voltage ?

diff-vebus-to-battery.jpg

battery chargingVE.Bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·
Just checked my system based on this your question. I do have volt sense wires going to the battery busbar and my VE-Bus DC voltage corresponds to my BMV-712 voltage within 10 mV. Maybe volt sense wires is what you need?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @GregoryFierens

You have a GX device, so yes, you can have it use another V sensor. Typically the V from a bmv or smartshunt is pretty good.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is VE.Bus?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic