question

Stuart Smith avatar image
Stuart Smith asked

VRM mppt state graph incorrect

Today I have discovered an interesting problem with VRM. I have achieved float on both SmartSolar chargers and VRM reports this. When I look at the advanced graphs, I am getting different outputs for the MPPT state graph depending on whether I display the last 24 hours or today.
The 24 hour display displays correctly where the today display says one of my chargers is off and the other one has never left bulk.
I have no idea how to report this anomaly to Victron as it is obviously a change that has happened in the VRM webpage. today.jpgToday display
24-hours.jpgLast 24 hours

As you can see, the last 24 hours shows charge yesterday and today and reaching float on both days. The Today shows on charger not charging today and the other not getting past bulk.

VRMbug report
today.jpg (121.8 KiB)
24-hours.jpg (143.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/101893/vrm-bug-in-advanced.html

@Stuart Smith

There have been a number of posts on this, but thank you for contributing. With all the VRM upgrades this one snuck in.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stuart Smith avatar image Stuart Smith commented ·
Just glad to know that people are aware of it.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Thank you for reporting this. The issue should be fixed by now. It was a grouping problem in the state widgets introduced recently.

2 |3000

ianddindustries avatar image
ianddindustries answered ·

Hi. Has this issue been fixed

When I look at the data on VRM for the previous day it shows a peak of around 300 watts but when you zoom in it shows it to be round 425f4d07358-5078-4a7a-bcb3-2e8545dfebe3.jpegImage Caption

f1a2fa2d-72b6-415c-87ea-092b1c30f7ce.jpeg

2 comments
2 |3000

Al avatar image Al commented ·
@IandDIndustries Yours is a different issue to do with smoothing, you can click the cog on the top right for the widget settings and turn on range values to accurately show minimum and max.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
To add to what Al said.

You are at the mercy of computer limitations. There is usually too much data to be shown on a small graph like these. Each point on the graph represents a time period and all readings for that period are usually averaged to give the best representation of what happened. If you turn on min/max it may be unrepresentative.

For example: if a point on a graph represents 30 minutes, and there are readings every 5 minutes, each point on the graph covers 6 readings.

Scenario 1: steady sun, readings are 100 90 100 110 100 100, average is 100, peak 110, min 90

Scenario 2:dark cloud passes over, readings are 100 90 100 60 100 100,, average is 92, peak 100, min 60. On a low Res graph like this the points blend and instead of getting a single point at the average of 100, you get points at 60 and 100, which gives a vague fat line unless you really enlarge the graph.

Precise solar peaks are great for checking if your panels deliver their rated output at some point. But most of the time it's more useful to have average values. Especially on small graphs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic