question

leo avatar image
leo asked

Multiplus CPU upgrade

Hi,

I have an old multiplus 24/2000 with the old CPU which I want to controll using a VE.Bus smart dongle. However this needs a firmware version >400. Is it possible to change the main controll board to a new CPU or to downgrade the smart dongle firmware to be compatible with a version 200 firmware? I did not get any useful answer from my distributor yet.

Thanks for your help

Best Leo

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

No i am sorry but in the control board (on which the processor is placed) also things like calibration and such are stored. So swapping a control board would be pretty complicated/expensive exercise. The best advise would be to replace the unit with a more modern one.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max-b avatar image
max-b answered ·

That what I just done, BTW, keeping the 12 y old one 24/2000, still working as spare. Upgraded to a 24/3000. More comfort in the house.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

+1 for upgrading the unit. I upgraded my 12/2000 (which was in an ambulance before I got it) and now I have a "26 firmware" 24/3000 with all the features that I enjoy. Very nice machine.

I still find uses for my old 12/2000 from time to time, it's like a tank and I don't think it will ever die.

2 |3000

leo avatar image
leo answered ·

Thanks.

Any chance to set the offshore current limit using the old firmware and the bluetooth VE.bus dongle?

2 |3000