question

hapa avatar image
hapa asked

VE Configure III range check error

trying to make sense of a range check error that apperes when i am using configure to commission a new 230 volt multi II 24v with VE config III

am using windows 8

screen-shot-2021-09-14-at-121156-pm.png

screen-shot-2021-09-14-at-113057-am.png

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
hapa avatar image
hapa answered ·

tried windows 7.... it doesnt seem to find the drivers

tried turning off port scan on both OSs .... to no avail......

and windows XP wont intall the drivers

it been a few days on the issues .... no Windows machine so using Parallels as shell ....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Are there any other VE.Bus devices connected to the MultiPlus?

2 |3000

hapa avatar image
hapa answered ·

no other devices attached to Multi II

2 |3000

hapa avatar image
hapa answered ·

I just tried windows 10 on this Mac

with that said 10 is not stable unders this version of Parrelles

it also seemed to rearrage all the preferences on the Windows 8 shell

windows 8 was the version with the VE Configure range error

Windows 7 seems stable but when i run VE configure III it just loops to a "Help on communication" window......

i dont belive that I am seeing the drivers in the device manager window either....... so I not sure it is installing ... have also tried with scan com ports off

I am useing a MK3 dongle on windows 7...... what versions of windows will the driver run on ..... I see the directory is labeled MK 2, which makes for more confusion.... is there just one file that is the driver for the MK 3

2 |3000

hapa avatar image
hapa answered ·

mk2.png

loop.png

please change the name of the directory to MK2 & MK3..... for some one who doesnt know windows and it hardware drivers.... it makes things confusing when seeing the.exc unpack to MK2

I spent at least 1hour just trying to convince myself that I had the right driver package...... :(

mk2.png (41.6 KiB)
loop.png (281.4 KiB)
2 |3000

hapa avatar image
hapa answered ·

will the MK3 dongle & drivers work on Windows 7?

2 |3000

hapa avatar image
hapa answered ·

Best solution for V_config errors on a APPLE running a OS shell (Parallels)..

Just buy a secound hand computer ...... plenty on craigslist.. made my life much easy

2 |3000

Related Resources