question

ruireis avatar image
ruireis asked

GX color control failed

My installation is 2*MPPT 150/70 , one GX color control, and 3 * MultiPlus 48/5000/70.

We had a lightning strike this morning and the GX color control is now failed.

The MPPT s are not charging the batteries.

Is there a possibility to get the MPPT s to work on temporary basis until I get a replacement for my GX

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ruireis avatar image
ruireis answered ·

If I have to replace it can I replace it with a Venus GX or cerbo GX?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ruireis

What kind of batteries are you using? if you are using 'non managed' batteries (lead-acid or drop-in lithium) you should be able to safely run the MPPT's

do you have 'smart' MMPT's? (with bluetooth) than you can use your phone to connect to the MPPT's and monitor / configure them with VictronConnect software:
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

Your distributor or a local dealer can help you best with replacement of the Color Control, a Cerbo is a nice upgrade indeed.
Where are you located?

2 |3000

ruireis avatar image
ruireis answered ·

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

My system is working find now and charging ok.

It was too dark and early In the morning.

My GX color control is dead no monitor.

Is the Venus GX compatible with MPPT 150/70 and MultiPlus is there instructions how to replace GX color control by Venus GX?

2 |3000

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Go for Cerbo GX (without the optional display). Slighly more expensive than Venus GX, but more capable.

2 |3000