question

nickdb avatar image
nickdb asked

VRM - remove fuel tanks

Hi, I see VRM recently started showing fuel tanks, which is annoying if you don't have any.

How can we remove them from the config to prevent this displaying?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi all, the tanks issue is fixed. Only tanks with a valid value for the fluid level are now displayed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

Login to VRM and select the Device List on the menu. Click on the little + symbol on the tanks and there is an option to Delete.

4 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
They are not listed there. So nothing to delete from the Device list.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ seb71 commented ·

Yep, all removed from the GX as well. Some updates to VRM seem to have broken this.

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) is there anyone who can see why the tanks have appeared now when the devices do not exist.

screenshot-2021-09-14-at-075207.png

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The Fuel tanks appear on my VRM dashboard, too (although I don't actually have any enabled). It's probably just "work in progress". Obviously a new VRM dashboard feature, not quite completed yet.
0 Likes 0 ·
n-dee avatar image n-dee seb71 commented ·

Same here - obviously not "wanted", so I also would say work in progress.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, thanks - there seems to be some issue. We're on it.

8 comments
2 |3000

jfleissner avatar image jfleissner commented ·
Hi!

Some more issues, agglomeration of data seems wrong since this morning in the VRM ("last 7 days": last day shown in a strange way for example) for example.

Thanks!

J.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jfleissner commented ·
Hi, can you please post a screenshot of the chart where you noticed the problem? Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
jfleissner avatar image jfleissner Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
It fixed itself or got fixed by you.

Looked like a misalignment between data and date/time.

I had it on various devices and all of the 7 installations I currently run.

So ok for now, thanks again.

Johannes

0 Likes 0 ·
jfleissner avatar image jfleissner Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

EDIT: I thought it fixed itself. Still seems very much off, never was there 60+ kWh production yet, today.

Call me if you need to know the installation.

1631612943605.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1631612943605.png (104.8 KiB)
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jfleissner commented ·

Thank you for the screenshot, Johannes. We know now where the difference comes from.

A recent change we made to the chart allows more accurate custom ranges. However, this change has the side-effect that some predefined ranges such as "Last 7 days" also use this logic.

What you see in your chart now is the following time intervals (assuming the time is 14 Sep 17:32): | 07 Sep 17:32 - 08 Sep 17:32 | 08 Sep 17:32 - 09 Sep 17:32 | … | 13 Sep 17:32 - 14 Sep 17:32

What it used to be: | 07 Sep 00:00 - 07 Sep 23:59 | 08 Sep 00:00 - 08 Sep 23:59 | … | 13 Sep 00:00 - 13 Sep 23:59 | 14 Sep 00:00 - 14 Sep 17:32 |

We understand that this might be confusing, especially when comparing the solar production between the other days of the week and the current day.

We are going to change the chart so it looks like before for all predefined ranges. I will let you know when the change is live.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you, yes. Becomes even visually more obvious during the day and looking at the numbers in the date/time selector fields.

And yes: it is confusing, thanks for turning it back.

Johannes

0 Likes 0 ·

The change is live.

1631713583954.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1631713583954.png (68.0 KiB)
Great, thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·