tbell asked

No stored power use.

1. two 295w panels
  2. two 6v FLA batteries
  3. BMV-712 Smart
  4. MPPT 150/45-tr
  5. 2000 / 80-50 120v inverter
  6. surge protector

My remote off grid system was installed Oct. 2018. Has been having problems on and off for over a year. My service vendor has been out a few times but still cannot figure out what the problem is. I spent a lot of $ on this system to basically be able to not waste gas running a generator to run LED lights for a couple months of weekends in the fall. As soon as I turn on more than one light, the system goes into alarm mode. Batteries are showing full charge and tested to have 13.2v on meter. It seems the only time system works is when I run the generator or have lots of sun power. Not what I paid for. I am not receiving any stored power. I am being informed that it’s in the program of the controller but I am not skilled to program it. My authorized Victron installer cannot figure it out either. Its an hour from my house so not easy to troubleshoot. And when on site, we have poor cell coverage also. I do all firmware updates when I have been asked.

Thank you, TBell

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi Tbell, Please be aware that 2 x FLA batteries does not help us much as we need the size of the batteries. also you would need to monitor the voltage when loads are running and see what the battery voltage does.

Off the cuff it looks like the batteries are dropping in voltage very quickly, IE two small for the job or stuffed.

to be able to help and analise your system you would really need a cerbo GX device added and a internet connection , and then we cam look at whats happening on the victron VRM remotely for you.

if you get a router with a sim card option and mount it really HIGH (Higher the better)then it will get mobile coverage and run a network cable down to the Cerbo GX unit, I would think as you say you can get mobile sometimes.

You will also be able to monitor the site yourself remotely

anyway just a idea, so have a chat about that option with your victron supplier

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic