question

czarofak avatar image
czarofak asked

Multiplus does not allow changes via Venus OS

I am playing around at the minute to test certain things.

Now it does not allow me to control my Multiplus 12/1600 with my Rpi Venus OS with the message:

fehler.pngI tried the dip switches ON/OFF, OFF/OFF and OFF/ON and i deleted the 2Signal BMS assistant...

The goal was, that the Tempsensor is configured as a OVP/UVP input from my BMS. And the operation mode should be set by the Touchscreen.

Venus OS
fehler.png (62.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·

@Kevin Windrem has update the GuiMods. Now it works smooth. Thanks again for your extremely short reaction time! unbelievable!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·
2 |3000

czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Altering the DIP switches is fruitless for this excercise, that will only serve to adjust the battery type / Voltage limits for charging.

Set your 2 signal BMS assistant like so, assuming your BMS has normally closed outputs which open upon high or low cell conditions:
1631442936009.png

You only have one input on this MultiPlus, so you'll need to wire the two outputs from the BMS in series so that either fault condition will result in an open circuit. It will function to stop both charge and discharge upon either high or low cell condition.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "the operation mode should be set by the touchscreen".
The operation mode is set as BMS signal input in the BMS asistant. That defines the function of this input, it cannot be used for any other purpose, like temperature.

1631442936009.png (18.2 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

czarofak avatar image czarofak commented ·

I would like to control the Multiplus manually too with the touchscreen, see below (AC current Limit and AC mods)

23694-fehler-1.png

0 Likes 0 ·
23694-fehler-1.png (7.3 KiB)
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ czarofak commented ·

To allow current limit adjustment from the touchscreen you need to have "Overruled by remote" selected:

1631450301103.png

I experienced a quirk with this, within VE.Configure I had to "Send All Setings" rather than "Send Modified Settings" otherwise it would not beleive that "Overruled by remote" was selected.

1 Like 1 ·
1631450301103.png (9.1 KiB)
czarofak avatar image czarofak wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Still don't work
0 Likes 0 ·
czarofak avatar image czarofak czarofak commented ·
I have now reseted the Venus OS, and is seems, that the problem was not on the Multi.

Now i am going to check the system you suggested

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ czarofak commented ·

That's perculiar.

Can you adjust it from the MultiPlus menu from the device list page?
1631474766272.png

If so, then the setting has been recognised.

Can you adjust it from the web console? A mouse click on the AC current limit box should bring up a little box with arrows and accept / cancel buttons.

1631474984181.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1631474766272.png (10.9 KiB)
1631474984181.png (26.2 KiB)
czarofak avatar image czarofak commented ·
Very interesting solution, @WKirby
0 Likes 0 ·
czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·

The problem is caused by the Kwindrem GUIMODS. The "Enhanced Mobile Overview" is triggering the problem. Github issue created:

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods/issues/15

2 comments
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I suspect the issue is unrelated to GuiMods. Uninstall my GuiMods and check the default Mobile Overview to see if it has the same problem.

The alert being shown indicates that the system thinks there is more than one inverter/charger in the system so the current limit and AC Mode can't be adjusted from the Mobile Overview.

0 Likes 0 ·
czarofak avatar image czarofak Kevin Windrem commented ·

When i enable your option, the two function don't work anymore. if i disable the option, its back on. I spent the whole day on this, and have to confirm, that it is really down to that single option.

I have only one Multiplus, a Lead-Acid Battery, a SmartShunt and a GX Tank 140 connected to my test setup

If i can do anything to help you, let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources