question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

OLD SMA in AC Coupled Multiplus system

I have an older SMA Sunny Boy I would like to AC couple to my Multlplus however the Venus does not recognize it as its latest available firmware ( V2.80 ) does not meet the criteria of V 2.81 ( https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:ccgx_sma ) . It obviously does not appear on the Venus or VRM but can I still use it in AC coupled mode with the Multi controlling power via frequency shifting?

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you should be able to but, but TEST it once its connected and make sure the the Fequency shift is triggering the SMA to derate

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
The FULL testing is important no mater what system you use, you must always test that the expected result is achieved, especially important with AC connected grid tie units no matter the brand, as there are always diferant setting that can be set in the fw of the grid tie units especially there grid code settings and compliance
0 Likes 0 ·