question

jjbond avatar image
jjbond asked

BUG!!! MPPT 450/200 detailed history identical each day

Love this new MPPT, but not impressed with the detailed history, is this a bug? I highly doubt I've had the exact same yield every day.... etc... have rebooted my ipad pro and remains the same. Version of VictronConnect is v5.47, firmware on MPPT is 1.04 (bootloader 1.02).

Thanks

Jen

img-0575.jpeg

MPPT SmartSolarbug report
img-0575.jpeg (1.2 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jjbond avatar image jjbond commented ·

This is what it showed last night 65300847057-f341dc4b-90d1-45d1-90dd-fa2a1e2cd8c4.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
jjbond avatar image
jjbond answered ·

Does anyone from Victron watch this forum?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Jen, this is a community forum and we are here to help each other as best we can, anyway how long have you had the 450-200 and what fw is the MPPT unit on.

Plus its a weekend and I am sure that victron do not work seven days per week.

could I request some more information

1. the RS450-200 Units Fw version

2. How long has the unit been installed

3. have you a vrm access via a GX device

4. what are the setting inside the MPPT unit ir Bat voltage max current settings etc etc

5. any other information that you feel maybe helpful.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks Paul, disregard, I emailed Victron. Thanks...

Jen

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, thank you for reporting!

this is solved in firmware version v1.05. More details about that here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/101251/rs-486000-victron-connect-bug-not-recording-histor.html

2 |3000

jjbond avatar image
jjbond answered ·

I received an email this morning from Johannes saying it was resolved, no link to manually update or info on when it will be in VictronConnect.

I see your new post above saying it was resolved. I had tried a firmware check prior to posting this issue or emailing yesterday... You say it's fixed in 1.05 and sent us to a post about an inverter.... why are you sending me on a goose chase looking in an inverter dropbox location for a firmware for a solar charge controller.... This is BEGGING for an incorrect file being pushed to the device... If there is a problem that fixes this issue that is not automatically notifying us on this OVER $2,0000 solar charge controller, please give me a link, not some link to an article about a totally different class of product. My 450/200 is at 1.04, there is no 1.05 in the MPPT folder... Not impressed... I'm with V for the ongoing great customer support but this is not what I expected.... if I have to play guessing games I might as well stay with all my Schneider equip.

2 comments
2 |3000

I have grabbed 48 beta 3 from the drop and it uploaded me to 1.05....... still not sure why I was sent to an inverter area for an SCC issue but fortunately knew about the public betas.... and can confirm.. WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO yes, it's showing different data... albeit WRONG DATA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had yield every day the last week, my batteries NEVER went to 82 volts.. MY LORD Victron....

I'll clear this data and watch it a couple days, then it's all getting yanked out and my Schneiders going back in, I'm not an alpha or a beta tester... nor are my customers.

I mean no disrespect Victron, I love your stuff but how did something this obvious not get caught before release? Did you only test it for one day so didn't notice that data being identical for every day? Hypothetical, no need to reply but that's why I'm a bit frustrated, such an OBVIOUS issue should have never come up... but thank you for your continued listening to us and your support, you ARE number one in this equipment in my book and my ONLY choice..

Jen

2021-09-14-07-08-11.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, you're right; I could have been more elaborate. To me, both issues were related; since I know the firmware stack on the MPPT RS and Inverter RS are (sort of) the same.

For your product, the MPPT RS, the issue is solved by updating to v1.05.

The easiest way to do that is either use Remote firmware updates via the VRM Portal, which requires a GX device.

If you don't have that, then best is to wait a while: within a few weeks we'll release a new version of VictronConnect, that will contain this new v1.05 and will ask you to update upon connection.

The other option, to update it now rather than wait, is login to https://professional.victronenergy.com, go to Firmwares, go to the folder "Inverter RS and MPPT RS", and there download the appropriate MPPT RS file. Then follow instructions in chapter 9.2 of the VictronConnect manual.

For the MPPT RS 450/100, you need the A110 file. For the MPPT RS 450/200, you need the A111 file.

Ps. its impossible to flash the wrong file to a device, no need to worry about that.

0 Likes 0 ·
jjbond avatar image
jjbond answered ·

Welcome to Victron, where YOU are the beta tester.... shockingly poor QC/QA that such a basic in your face/on display failure would be released and then when you finally figure out how to fix this issue that should have been caught internally, you get a worse issue (see 80VDC image above).

"The easiest way to do that is either use Remote firmware updates via the VRM Portal, which requires a GX device..... or wait a while"

The easiest way to get the basic functionality you paid for is to go spend money on a GX device to get to the VRM portal... wow..... no need to reply, it's all being ripped out.... I'll put the Schneider back, at least their basic features work and you don't' get sent on a wild good chase as a beta tester for them then told to buy more hardware to GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

Wow.. shaking my head, this wasn't a new feature or feature request, this 2k SCC is already lacking several features that even the $300.00 SCC's have like networking etc... but now we have to "wait a few weeks" for the basic items that we paid over $2,000.00 for... nice.... no need to reply, I've solved the problem, it's all sitting in that box on the floor.... I've been an amateur radio operator since 1985 and have NEVER seen products released like this, where the customer is the tester..... that may work for toys and small scale stuff but when it comes to high voltage and potential for fire, death etc... I find this business model very irresponsible... and you put products on vessels? Shocking!!!!!

2 |3000

jjbond avatar image
jjbond answered ·

Problem still exists in 1.08

2022-02-28-09-33-54.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic