question

vicky avatar image
vicky asked

grid meter frozen in remote console

Hi,

since a while I loose grid meter readings now and then, just for a few seconds, then readings are back.I have in mind the RS485 over Ethernet connection to my grid meter, so theoretically this could be a root cause, however the RS /Ethernet adapters show NO errors at all.
Today when grid readings went off in the Remote Console (LAN) and did not recover , the L1 was still recorded in the VRM portal. After the reboot, readings were OK again.

Any help appreciated

Before the reboot

Venus GX - VGX
1551631739352.png (45.1 KiB)
1551631821132.png (131.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I think you may have to do more local testing,

1. Try replace Cables with High quality Cat5/Cat6 cables and plugs.

2. check your TCIP network settings maybe you have two DHCP controlers on the network

3. Try using fixed IP address's

4. find the meters IP address and see if you can do a ping to the meter from your computer terminal.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicky avatar image vicky commented ·

Hi, the entire cabling is CAT6, except 50cm within the Power Cabinet. Might change this too as this is the "dirtiest" place w.r.t. RF noise.
IP is all good, one DHCP but fixed adresses given to the devices.
I didn't have the chance to ping devices during a "meter outage", but will try.

Meanwhile I think the most "meter outages" occur when load is changing heavily, e.g. when I disconnect my e-car. Load on ACin drops by 3kW then

0 Likes 0 ·