question

andyrlm avatar image
andyrlm asked

Equalisation voltage not reached

Hi. I have 2 parallel multi-pluses (firmware 159) charging a 48v battery. When I manually put them into equalisation mode using the panel on the master unit, the correct LEDs flash for equalisation. My Venus device confirms equalise mode, which it stays in for 1 hour as expected. But... during this time, the voltage reaches only 57.5v, less than my usual absorption voltage of 58.4v. Any ideas? My understanding is that the equalisation voltage is set, and should be 62v in my case. Thank you.

equalisation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In equalise mode, the charging current is limited to 25% of the set chargeing current.
Perhaps the charging current is not high enough to get the battery Voltage up. Raising the charge current may help as it would also increase the value of the 25% limit too.

1631131865608.png

1631131865608.png (18.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andyrlm avatar image andyrlm commented ·
Thank you - that does seem likely. I can't remember what charge current is set, and it's a long time since I used VE configure.... time to dust off an old PC and hope for the best!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic