question

drdiesel avatar image
drdiesel asked

Quattro builtin battery monitor + BMV-712

I have an existing setup of a battery (large 48v/1500AH), BMV-712 and several MPPT 250/100s that I'm getting ready to add a Quattro to. The Quattro says it has a built in battery monitor, is this battery monitor essentially redundant if I've already got the 712, should I keep/rely on the 712 or toss it in favor of the Quattro's built in?

BR

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The Quatro and Multi do have built-in battery monitoring but only provide useful information for systems without other charging sources and DC loads because those currents would not be sensed by the internal battery monitor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

The BMV-712 is far superior as it measures the exact current with a shunt placed in the optimal position. I would say the Quattro's built in battery monitor is redundant, and can preferably be turned off.

2 |3000