question

ken357 avatar image
ken357 asked

48 volt parallel multi not maintaining grid set point

Hello every one.
I’m hoping sone one here can help me with this problem.
I have run a single 48 volt multi plus since 2014. I also have 10 kw of solar panels and 60 kWh battery storage.
every thing has worked very well so far.
I have this week installed a second multi in parallel but I am now having issues with them maintaining the grid set point.
so. To explain what is happening at night when there is no solar power I’m having to set the grid set point to about 220 watts in just to keep them from beginning to export from the batteries to the grid. If I leave the set point where it used to be which was 10 watts draw from the grid they start to export up to around 2 or 300 watts If the house load increases the inaccuracy also goes up and the amount of power exported to the grid from the batteries goes up.
when day break comes and solar energy starts things swap over. Now the units start to import from the grid and the higher the solar energy gets the more the multi’s pull from the grid.
Once I get up to around 7 kw of solar power in having to set the grid set point to around 700 watts export to maintain a reasonable setting close to the desired 0 grid set point.
As evening comes and solar power starts to drop I have to begin to gradually reduce the grid set point again

Does any one have any idea as to what I have done wrong please.

multiplus in parallel
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kmorgan avatar image kmorgan commented ·
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom on this issue I have the same !
0 Likes 0 ·
bonie-wanda avatar image bonie-wanda commented ·
Hi there

I am experiencing the same issue with my parallel multi ii installation. Before the parallel it was working fine.

I checked everything and I plant to set them up from scratch this weekend.

Grid set point at 20w but it’s not maintained. The inverters pull about 40-80 from the grid.

When house load increases, it goes up to the 300w, even when there’s enough Solar and battery.

If you can find a solution, please do share.

0 Likes 0 ·
gyeduasante avatar image gyeduasante bonie-wanda commented ·

Have a similar issue with two 48v 5kva parallel systems. The system uses more power from the grid as load increases although the capacity of the two inverters should be able to handle the load.

Have you had a fix?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
chris-pt avatar image
chris-pt answered ·

hello, did you fixed your problem? I m facing exactly the same issues !...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If I had to hazard a guess, it would have been unlikely the two units would have been identical, given the time between installs.
0 Likes 0 ·