question

zac avatar image
zac asked

Quattro 48/10000 overheating and fans not turning on

Hi there,

I have a Quattro 48/10000/140-2x100 that overheats/shuts down with constant loads of around 5kw. On closer inspection I noticed that the fans aren't turning on, even with high loads (5+ kw). Does anybody know much about the cooling system on these? what conditions need to be met for the fans to turn on? the temp sensor sounds a high temperature alarm so I would expect the fans to kick on.

I live 8 hours from the closest Victron dealer (im in Wellington New Zealand and Victron has an office in Auckland). AEP (Victrons distributor in New Zealand) will request that I ship the inverter back to them but shipping costs hundreds of dollars for a 51kg inverter and there is no insurance if its damaged along the way so i'm hesitant to ship it.

To date I have used ve config to set everything to default hoping it had "silence fan" assistant running and updated firmware to version 485 but it hasn't helped. Can I replace the fans myself? does anyone have teardown instructions for a Quattro 48/10000?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I use this to run my home so im feeling the pressure to get this fixed.

Thanks,
Zac

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargertemperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Zac,

Indeed the fans should always come on before a Quattro reports and over temp, so it sounds like there is some fault or issue there.

Please get in touch with your dealer for the next steps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.