Idea

Sarah avatar image
Sarah suggested

Victron Connect & VE.Can integration

Hi team Victron.

I have recently upgraded my MPPT 150/60 VE.Direct to two 150/85 rev 2 VE.Can enabled devices. As recommended in the manual I have switched the communication to utilise the VE.Can interface - both between the devices and with the Lynx Shunt and CerboGX. Unfortunately as a result I have lost the ability to remotely access and configure these devices remotely in VictronConnect via VRM and my CerboGX. I am using Venus 2.80.36 and all of my devices and software are up to date.
One might consider the VE.Can to be a superior interface, however with this short coming it feels more like a step back in time.

Kind regards

Sarah

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm commented

Yes it is frustrating, but how often do you actually need to reconfigure the device?

With that said it will be coming, no idea on time frame.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman commented

As at April 6, 2020, Victron stated the following:

For products connected using a VE.Can network, Remote Configuration is currently under development and will be added as soon as possible.
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) commented

Hi, I can give an update on this! A few weeks ago - finally! - we started on this project: making remote configuration possible when connected to the GX device using VE.Can.

Will be a few more months most likely before in an official release.

Sorry its not there yet!

3 comments
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
That's great news Matthijs! We're looking forward to that!
0 Likes 0 ·
benm avatar image benm commented ·

Any update on this?

I dont see the ve.can devices in Victron connect.

Victron Connect comes with a message that ve.can can not configure remotely.

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell benm commented ·
@benm what firmware are you running, it is in development and available on the V2.90 beta firmware, if you do not have this then it is not yet available. Full release is stated as soon on the V2.90~28 topic.
1 Like 1 ·
Sarah avatar image
Sarah commented

14c34557-8e04-4c5d-8f98-10c378ae542f.jpegHappy days - Looks like remote VE.Can comms are currently being tested with the latest beta version of Victron Connect.

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, yes its done. Its part of Venus OS v2.90. Still in beta, but any day now we’ll do the official release.

A milestone, since then all (common) products can be remotely configured; regardless of how they’re connected to the GX device.

1 Like 1 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.