Idea

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem suggested

VictronConnect overview

I am used to Venus OS which displays all components as a system. I miss that when viewing a system that uses VictronConnect. I find myself switching back and forth between the SmartShunt and the MPPT. That wouldn't be so bad but it takes 5-10 seconds to connect to the other device. If multiple connections could be maintained that solves half of the frustration.

However what I'd really like to see is an overview that shows values from several devices at the same time. For example state of charge, solar contribution and charging state, and inverter consumption. To take this concept further and combine with the recent "stored trends", it would be nice to display concurrent graphs like is done on the VRM Advanced page.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb commented

I still think most people use VRM for viewing installs, it is faster and prettier in every respect.

Only use VC if changes need to be made, it really isn't a daily use/admin tool. Not for me anyway.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett commented

you can also connect to a venus device on your local network with your smart phone. As Nick comments for VRM, connect is for accessing details of one device, the remote console of Venus does give fair overall data, and individual device data, but the VRM does a lot of processing that is best not replicated locally.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem commented

It would also be handy to view the trend even if not connected to the device. That would mean storing the information on the device running VictronConnect in addition to on the device itself. It would also mean keeping track of previously connected devices and allow an "off-line" view of the device.

Or maybe VictronConnect can update VRM???

2 |3000

pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips commented

I don't think Connect should cover this scenario. Victron have spent years developing Venus + VRM for this very purpose.

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.