Idea

rmoosa avatar image
rmoosa suggested

Custom fields on vrm portal

It would be great if there was some way to create custom fields on the vrm portal and map those to Mqtt.

We currently use node-red extensively.

One use case for this would be: I would like to define a field on the vrm portal to indicate the current profile of the system. During loadshedding, I would set the system to a high availability profile. During a possibility of loadshedding, perhaps a medium and under normal conditions to normal mode.

This profile setting would be read by node-red and a different set of conditions and actions would be triggered in the node red flows.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

taylortops avatar image
taylortops commented

I'm interested in this as well. I'm switching in a water heater when I have spare power. I'd like to send real time heater voltage and current status to VRM and track it with the rest of the system (even if just raw data). MQTT is proving very effective at providing the input data but I'd love to be able to publish the output data to MQTT as well.

Can I publish custom data to my local broker and see it bridge over to VRM?

W/<portal-id>/custom/buck-current-limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.