Idea

Paul B avatar image
Paul B suggested

MOVE - Remote Support to be in the remote Console Menu

I really feel that having Remote Support currently under general is incorrect

Its should be under Remote Console

Its just that on every install I have to go to 3 different areas and turn everything on. and if my staff do it then at times they just forget the two way communication or Remote support and its another trip to turn it on

Having every thing thats involved with remotely supporting a site should be in one area - currently its in 2 different areas

General

Remote Console

I really cant see the logic in having these items in different locations

I Request

1. Move Remote Support from General to the VRM menu Selection

Edited is Underlined - added the wrong heading sorry

1640125792576.png

VRM
1640125792576.png (22.6 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Two-way communication is in the VRM menu, isn't it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Yes it has been there for a while, @Paul B is probably running an older version.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry I - meant Remote Support have edited the post
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Comment

Paul B avatar image
Paul B commented

If remote support is NOT turned on then you cant access remote console service remotely - so it should at least be in the same menu or turned on by default

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Paul,

Remote Support has nothing to do with Remote Console on VRM, thats another setting.

Remote Support is for Victrons R&D support use only: Enable this to allow Victron engineers to access your system in case there is a problem.

See here:

5. Configuration (victronenergy.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B markus ♦♦ commented ·
Then why is it off by default.

I have to go to 3 different areas to be able to get a fully functioning remote support system working

General - turn remote support on

remote console - turn remote console on

VRM - turn twoway communication on

if one is missed then remote console does not work

WHY not have these all on one area

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Paul B commented ·
Because they all mean different things?

None of them is dependent on each other.

If you want to have remote support, turn on remote support.
If you want two-way communication (ie. required for Remote VE.Configure), turn that on.
If you want to access remote console (not required for Remote VE.Configure, not required for remote support), turn that on.

Only if you need all 3 at the same time, you have to dive into all 3 sub menus.

But I could agree that it can become confusing. Maybe a new section 'Communication' with everything inside would make that a bit easier.

0 Likes 0 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.