question

skip-gundlach avatar image
skip-gundlach asked

100 | 50 inappropriate charge level

2x360 Sunpower, parallel into 10Gauge wire, through circuit breaker on Positive, to Victron 100 | 50, thence 4Gauge wire direct to Trojan 4xL16H-AC parallel/series 870AH house bank.
Previous performance, through an Outback 60A controller, included a time (once, near equinox) that I saw 50A coming in, but otherwise was very good, including a time in this same time frame a couple of years ago, which included the below pic of the solar and wind gauges. 42-8solar-wind.jpg
However, since the (age) failure of the Outback, we've been under the Victron. And getting precious little amperage. The highest I have recently seen was in the low teens, but it's usually in the single digits despite being at 27N, and thus having nearly vertical sunshine.
Nothing has changed; the lenses are occasionally soap and water washed, but we have frequent rain here in Vero Beach FL and they are pretty well clean.
Nothing other than the controller has changed. Voltage is in the appropriate range, always, but my history shows that the very best I have achieved in the last month has been 2.15kw, with a max of 353w. The past couple of weeks have not been nearly that good, with a maximum of 1.97kw, max 517w. Otherwise, the entire month has been in the couple-hundred watt range.
Granted the weather here is not brilliant, but to have that little coverage compared to past results suggests an issue somewhere.
At this moment, I am seeing a half-amp, in float, of all things, my battery being at 12.4 and 50% discharged. The settings for the Victron are the default, as the parameters matched my Trojan flooded lead acid batteries'. It certainly seems that I should be seeing whatever level of sun is available being delivered through Bulk charging.
Any ideas as to what needs attention, from the above?
battery charging
42-8solar-wind.jpg (34.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marcello avatar image
marcello answered ·

Try to connect into your device and check the settings, sometimes temperature compesation disabled helped me to increase the amps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.