question

powerscol avatar image
powerscol asked

How do I extend the short GX Touch 50 cables (USB and HDMI) 3' to 6'

I understand the HDMI and USB cables can be extended but how? Amazon has a bunch of extension cables (Male by Female) but list differant types A, B, C type and for USB and various ratings on the HDMI cables. I found a Female by Female HDMI adapter as well as one for USB, Then I could use standard cables, but it extra connections that could cause problems.

So what brand is good, what specifications am I looking for (USB 2.0 or 3.0 etc HDMI specifications) What cable ends do I need. I need about 3' but a 6' extension will work too.

I know next to nothing about this so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

cerbo-gx-to-gx-touch-50-extender

This discussion covers most of what you want to know.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powerscol avatar image
powerscol answered ·

So folks know the Touch 50 cables can be extended. I used a standard 6' HDMI cable (Male by Male) and a Female by Female HDMI adapter from Walmart. I could have used an HDMI extension cable (Male by Female), but they were out of stock. I also used a standard USB extension cable (Male by Female ) from Walmart. Nothing fancy as far as the cables went - just what they had to make the extensions work. I am sure there are other sources too. I did have an issue of a frosen screen, but disconnecting the USB and reconnecting (powered off and on) solved the issue. I taped up the connections so they would not vibrate loose. In hindsight heat shrink tubing might be better. Hope this helps others.

2 |3000