question

yoozoon avatar image
yoozoon asked

ve.direct output to two usb devices

Is it possible to use the ve.direct output and connect via usb to two devices (I.e. raspberry pi)? Like a split of the ve.direct output.

Thanks!!

Raspberry PiVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Basically this is not an easy thing to do. You can take the VE direct output from a 'source' and possibly drive 2 'receivers' with it, but you cannot combine 2 sources and drive one reciver with it. You could use some logic and have a drive select pin (e.g. from a Raspberry Pi), but this is getting complex. This would require 2 VE direct / USB adapters in any case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

An arduino could be programmed to receive the ve.direct data and re-transmit it through a seperate serial output or multiple software serial connections. It could possibly also be wired in as an interceptor while still leaving the original connection for two way use.

I don’t know of any plug and play devices, a serial sniffer would be close if you could find one at the right logic voltage.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

A raspberry Pi set up with Venus OS Large would allow data sharing through mqtt if you are only after the basic information.

2 |3000

hilpert avatar image
hilpert answered ·

The VE.Direct to USB interface connects products with a VE.Direct connection to devices with a USB port, for example a computer. With this cable it is also possible to connect more than two VE.Direct products to a single CCGX.

https://www.jcpenneykiosk.us/

2 |3000

yoozoon avatar image
yoozoon answered ·

Thanks for your answers so far.

As I have one raspy running "Solaranzeige" and one other raspy running Venus OS, I like to connect i.e. my victron mppt charger to both raspberry pi's via this one ve.direct output. So far with a USB Splitter cable I did not have success.

2 |3000