question

Greg Ireland avatar image
Greg Ireland asked

Venus GX unable to connect to VRM #154 DNS Failure

Hi, my Venus GX has been connected to VRM for some time (years), however approximately 7 days ago it stopped reporting.

Today has been my first opportunity to fault find the issue, I have followed the troubleshooting guide and confirmed my Ethernet settings, all appears correct and nothing has changed in this config. I have confirmed it is running the latest firmware (the check for update function is working) and has been for some time.

I have confirmed my system has access to the internet and have rebooted all devices physically (RUTX09 Router and VenusGX).

I am unable to restore operation. Any clues?

Greg

venusgx-ethernet-settings-02012021.png

venusgx-vrm-status-02012021.png

venusgx-firmware-02012021.png

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Since you manually configured the IP and the error message is about DNS, try the Google DNS IP (as DNS server):

Also try enabling https (Secure connection).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Greg Ireland avatar image Greg Ireland commented ·

Thank you for the suggestions @Seb71, I have tried both of them separately and concurrently but, unfortunately, with no success.

Given it has previously worked for some time and everything (network wise) also seems to be working I am confused as to what any local issue could be.

0 Likes 0 ·
safiery avatar image
safiery answered ·

We also have a customer with same issue in similar time frame. We have manually loaded the ISP DNS as well with no success. Need advice please.

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Maybe some needed ports are blocked.

0 Likes 0 ·
sailingcrow avatar image
sailingcrow answered ·

Hi Greg,

seem to have the same issue here as of today.

Did you find any resolution?

2 |3000