question

rob-m avatar image
rob-m asked

How do I change low battery voltage settings on VRM?

can low battery voltage settings be set remotely using VRM portal?

have a system where the Multi plus inverter is shutting down late at night under minimal load, system is about 3 years old.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Rob.

Yes, you can do that. To change the settings in the Multi, look in 'Device List' and select 'Remote VE.Configure'. It downloads the config file (.rvsc type), you change it, then send it back. Ask if you need help with that.

How low do your batt V's get? The default settings are already very low, and unless they've been changed at some point, shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe there's something deeper involved? But come back if you need..

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rob-m avatar image rob-m commented ·

shutdown at 4 am this morning at 23.68 V -10.5 Amps

0 Likes 0 ·
vrm-william-x.png (125.7 KiB)
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ rob-m commented ·

@Rob M

Yeh, the shutdown level may be set too high. Fair enough to have it 'alarm' at that level, but you could set the actual shutdown way lower than that, like below 20V. (My own 48V Multi has 37.2V set, must've been the Victron default, I don't recall ever changing it).

Ta for the VRM screenshot too. You seem to have a 'shore' charger cutting in through the night, as you seem to need. It does indicate though quite low batt capacity available overall. So load spikes will be noticed, rather than absorbed.

I don't think what you're doing there is wrong as such, you're holding the V up most of the time, but they are cycling heavily. And you're hitting them hard with both the solar and shore chargers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Bazalgette avatar image Robert Bazalgette commented ·

I am trying to check settings on a Multiplus 11 GX inverter using VRM portal. I looked in the Device list, Remote VE configure is not there. Where do I find that ? I can see Remote console, and there is a settings tab, but it doesn't show any useful settings. I want to check battery settings. Also have installed an assistant that was working but now seems to be inactive. Can I check these things ?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Robert Bazalgette commented ·

@Robert Bazalgette

You should get something like this. Can you not?

1621591592290.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1621591592290.png (101.1 KiB)
Robert Bazalgette avatar image Robert Bazalgette JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. I found the problem after watching the help video on the Victron website. Have to enable two way communications, then it made sense.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Bazalgette avatar image
Robert Bazalgette answered ·

. I found the problem after watching the help video on the Victron website. Have to enable two way communications, then it made sense.

2 |3000