question

sieade245 avatar image
sieade245 asked

ESS parallel Multiplus setup

Hi guys. I've got an ESS system with CCGX and multiplus 24/1600/230V. All working fine. I've bought another exact same multiplus to use in parallel to increase my charge current. I'm trying to follow the setup guide, it says that the mutliplus unit must be setup in parallel mode first. When I try to add the VE.bus and VEbus 2 way assistants I get a warning message saying these do not need to be used in an ESS system (ESS assistant is already loaded).

Is it as simple as connecting them up together with an ethernet cable and the CCGX does the rest?

battery chargingESSAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sieade245 avatar image
sieade245 answered ·

AAAHHHH. Never mind. Just opened it up and its got a 19 series processor. That's the end of this plan then. unless is there is a way to link it into the CCGX and just use as a charger?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sieade245 avatar image
sieade245 answered ·

Looking at the non ESS assistants, there is one called DC charge regulation. This looks like it would do what I need it to, based on a control voltage signal connected to temp sense betwen 1V and 4V etc. Is there anyway for the CCGX, or primary multiplus unit to generate this voltage based on the signal from the AC grid meter (so 4V when exporting >1000W and 1V when exporting <100W or similar)?

2 |3000

Related Resources