question

freesurfer avatar image
freesurfer asked

Disconnect non-critical loads on overload on multiplus II

I have a Multiplus II 48/3000 in my cabin which normally only takes small loads like lights, TV, PC and so on. But occasionally I plug in a kettle, vacuum cleaner, hairdryer, microwave or other brief high power loads.

As I have recently installed about 2kW more PV, I am thinking that this may be enough to install a small 5-10L hot water tank as a dump-load or pre-heater during the summer to save some propane when the batteries sit fully charged. I want to install this on AC out 2.

But considering that this may overload the inverter if it coincides with other high power loads, I wonder if there is a way to use the assistants to disable AC out 2 to off-load the inverter when one of the other high power loads kick in, to prevent a shutdown.

I saw a thread here which nicely described how to do this but can't find it.

The best I could find when playing around with assistants in VEConfig was to use the "programmable relay" assistant. One for switching the AC out 2 relay on when the AC load is below a certain treshold, and one for switching off when it exceeds the limit of the inverter. And with some delay and enough difference between max/min to prevent the relay from switching back and forth.

But I believe there was another assistant which was even better suited for the task? Where it had all the high and low tresholds built into the same assistant. I want to use assistants rather than VS because I may want to combine this with more features in the future.

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllersrelay assistant
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
freesurfer avatar image
freesurfer answered ·

anyone able to guide me some on this one?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.