question

kjintf avatar image
kjintf asked

Orion-TR Output Current adjustment

I see others have previously asked this question

But I do not see any resolution or response from Victron

The competitors (Renogy) lower priced units do have a simple method to 1/2 the current. Hate to return my 30amp Orion unit for credit.

I charge a 200amp LiFe four cell prismatic home brew battery which will easily take the full 30amp from the DC-DC charger thus consuming 40 amps or more from the source. My desire is to throttle back the charge current at times when the solar is not doing enough to keep up. The solar charges a 200amp PB battery bank. Don't care if it takes longer to charge the Li. I do not want to see my Pb bank get discharged while charging the Li bank. Yes I understand I could set the source cut off voltage high enough to eliminate the possibility of too much discharge but again it is not a "clean" solution and would cause the cycling on/off issue.

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kjintf avatar image
kjintf answered ·

Returned the unit for credit and purchased a competitors unit that actually functions as it should with adjustable output current.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.