question

Glenn avatar image
Glenn asked

Dc dc charger settings

Hi , I recently installed a Orion smart 12v/12v -30 non isolated in my 2014 Mercedes sprinter. It is charging 2x Exide ER650 marine and leisure 12v 142ah batteries. I'm not sure of the settings I should be using? I couldn't find anything on line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA Glenn.

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Glenneire,

I can't find the data sheet either. But it seems like a normal sealed lead acid battery.

IMO it's safe to use the following parameters: Absorption voltage 14.4V, Float 13.8V, Storage 13.2V

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kjintf avatar image
kjintf answered ·

Be warned when that Orion-tr "Smart" charger goes on it's full throttle it will take 40+ amps from your source. There is NO way to limit the output current. A POOR designed device

1 comment
2 |3000

geronimo-john avatar image geronimo-john commented ·
The efficiency of this 30 amp output device listed as 87%. As such, to get 30 amps output maximum, it would pull 34.5 amps maximum. How do you get to 40+ amps? thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·