question

cartermoulton avatar image
cartermoulton asked

bmv712 not accepting default code

hi all, setup my bmv712 and was able to pair via the victron connect (default pin, six zeros) a few weeks ago, no problem. since then i have been unable to pair. it keeps going to 80% and then asking for a new code. any advice? is PUK the only option? (already mounted the thing in a wall)

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

It been a while since I setup mine, but I believe it forced me to change the default pin to something else. My guess is you changed it. And now you need to guess what that new code was or reset it via that puk. -Bill .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Maybe a power cycle will help or someone else changed the PIN.

In the package of the BMV should be a small sticker with the PUK.

2 |3000

fkfw avatar image
fkfw answered ·

I'm having the same issue, except I know my PUK code - but I can't enter it. The keypad in the app only allows me to enter numbers, not letters. The app keypad shows letters under each number (like a phone) but there is no way to access the letters via the app keypad. My PUK code has two letters in it. Hard to imagine that nobody at Victron spotted this...

2 |3000