question

beckals avatar image
beckals asked

Houseboat batteries to charge

Hey there all,

Just a question that i don't think has been answered, I have a house boat with 4x 6v 390ah AGM Setup as 2 banks of 12v @780ah, Just wondering with 2x 12v 30ah victron chargers can i put them both on the batteries to make it 60ah worth of charging or are the chargers too smart to do this with? 12 | 30ah IP22 BT charger

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi, I think your saying you have two strings of batteries. that form the bank?

you would be best to use a charger of nearer 150 amps to achieve a 0.2 charge rate. otherwise your time to charge is going to be extremely long.

I suggest you sell both existing chargers and go for a 100/12 centaur or a multi plus 12/3000/120

If your finding that charge rate acceptable your a bit over capacity!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @beckals, welcome to the Community!

The short answer to your question is yes, you can connect two Victron chargers to the same bank without any issue. Please make sure that the settings in both chargers are identical, however, just to ensure that they're both working with the same charge algorithms.

2 |3000