question

r-pedros avatar image
r-pedros asked

charging problem with multipLUS 2 5000VA in absorption mode

Hello, I have a charging problem with my multipLUS 2 5000VA. It is connected to the wheel of a water mill which provides approximately 15 amps of power. Bulk charging works very well, but as soon as the batteries are sufficiently charged to switch to absorption mode, the multiplus refuses the charge and systematically switches to inverter mode. I tried a lot to change a lot of settings with the mk3 but it still doesn't work. Could you help me ?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi there, a lot more info is required

1. whats the incoming voltages for ac1 in from your water wheel when the multi is in bulk and then when it changes mode, how is the hz freq controlled

to me it sounds like the voltages are going to hi when the charge load drops and thus the multi switchs to inverter mode. there are lots of reasons,

you could try turning ups mode off and or week ac off. using your mk3 and ve config

it would be helpfull if you had a Venus unit connected and then this was connected to the Victron VRM via a internet connection, as we could then look at the incoming voltages and other parameters and you could as well to see whats happening.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.