question

ram5500-camperthing avatar image
ram5500-camperthing asked

[solved] GX Touch 50 Non Responsive to Touch

Hi All

Just added a GX Touch 50 Monitor to my Cerbo.

All the data displayed is correct, but the screen is not responsive to my touch at all and only displays the main screen.

I removed the protective film, and still no change.

Is this a setting or something to "Activate" it?

Thanks

gx device
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rossbotha avatar image rossbotha commented ·
I have the same problem
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ rossbotha commented ·
Have you tried the suggested resolution in the rest of the thread?
0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ram5500 Camperthing

it should just work out of the box.

Do you have any extension cables etc. connected? or screen directly into the Cerbo:

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ram5500-camperthing avatar image ram5500-camperthing commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) no extension cables, it is connected directly into the Cerbo

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ram5500-camperthing commented ·

@Ram5500 Camperthing

Did you try rebooting and powercycling the Cerbo GX by removing the power connection at least twice already?

if that doesn't help it's time to call your dealer and find out if it's the screen or the Cerbo...

2 Likes 2 ·
ram5500-camperthing avatar image ram5500-camperthing Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

THANK YOU!

It took 2 reboot/powercycles, and its working perfectly now.

Thanks! You guys are great!

1 Like 1 ·
rossbotha avatar image
rossbotha answered ·

The reboot worked for me

2 |3000

Stefan Lay avatar image
Stefan Lay answered ·

H.atte ich bei meinem auch, Neustart hat geholfen

2 |3000

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Want version firmware are you running? Have you updated it to a version greater than 2.57. The notification of release for 2.57 does mention fixing an issue with the touch screen hanging.

See point 2 in this article.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/07/13/venus-os-v2-57-cerbo-gx/

GX Touch display freezing up – solved
There was an issue that could cause the GX Touch display to freeze. The issue has been found and solved in this new version.

1 comment
2 |3000

ram5500-camperthing avatar image ram5500-camperthing commented ·

@Bathnm yes, i have the latest firmware

It took 2 reboot/powercycles, and its working perfectly now.

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
gertjand avatar image
gertjand answered ·

Had the seem issue. Could control is from my phone and not on the touch screen but the upgrade seems to fix it. I use extension cables as well. (For HDMI and USB)

2 |3000