question

merlin avatar image
merlin asked

Connect two GX Touch50 to one Cerbo GX

This question was raised 6months ago by another member but no definitive answer as yet.

Hence raising the question again.

I’m looking to install TWO Touch 50 screens to one Cerbo Gx. Will both units work. Can one be used to mirror the other?

A big thanks to anyone who can help.

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Connecting two GX touch displays to a single Cerbo GX (using some HDMI splitter) does not work reliably and is not supported.

I tried a couple, the display would work most of the time but not all the time, the touch didn't work reliability at all.

Another way that is supported to get two simultaneous displays would be to use a Marine MFD, via the Ethernet connection. Such as this example:

Another way would be to use the Remote Console, or even better the new realtime VRM on a tablet (via the LAN usually). That is how I do it personally, with an old iPad.

There are other possible ways too (vnc) - but not supported and best left to the modifications space.

20200915-122458.jpg (448.0 KiB)
img-6793-copy.jpeg (244.6 KiB)
img-6795-copy.jpeg (180.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic