question

johnfrider avatar image
johnfrider asked

BV-712 the health of battery bank from Amp/Hours in vs out

Dear Sir/Madam

Could you pls pass this technical request to your Engineering Team.

My BV-712 shows –AmpHours as I discharge my 24 volt deep discharge AGM battery bank –which is very helpful

Unfortunately it does NOT show +AmpHours when the charging current from my non Victron MPPT charge controller is flowing.

Is there some way I can ask the chip which monitors the shunt to enable the charging amp-hours to be displayed.

This is important especially now here in Australia where we have just gone thru the winter Solstice.

I wish to quickly determine by comparing amp-hours in versus amp-hours out of the battery bank the health of said battery.

Can you email me any possibility in this regard please, I am enjoying the fine engineering in your product.

Many thanx

Best Regards

John Ward B.Eng (Elec. UTS)

Sydney

Austral;ia

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tilo avatar image
tilo answered ·

If a charge current from one source is not displayed, then it might be a wrong cabling. Did you connect this charger directly to the battery, so that the current does not pass through the shunt of the BMV?

Can you send a diagram or fotos?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

I wish to quickly determine by comparing amp-hours in versus amp-hours out of the battery bank the health of said battery.

Perhaps you could use the energy figures in the BMV's history?

bmv-history.jpg (77.1 KiB)
2 |3000