question

stevecounsell avatar image
stevecounsell asked

Battery to Battery Charging - Multi-stage Kit

I'm trying to spec out a leisure battery charging system for my Auto-Trail Motorhome. I currently have 3 X Yuasa L36EFB 100Amh batteries in parallel (12 volt).

I'm installing a 100 / 30 smart solar charge controller and a couple of solar panels. This will be wired direct to the batteries.

What I'd like to do is to have the batteries charged while the engine is running. The vehicle is a Fiat Ducato 3.0 litre diesel (2016 model) so Euro6.

What Victron kit will allow me to charge the batteries AND protect them from over-charging?

I'm considering the Victron Buck/Boost but I understand that this would not have a multistage profile and could overcharge.

This is really the start of my journey to a fully off-grid solution so in the future will be upgrading to Lithium batteries, lynx connection boxes etc.

Thanks for any help

Steve

offgridOrion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Hello

There currently aren't any such products, but they are in the pipeline.
See Matthijs' answer to a similar question here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/4808/battery-to-battery-charging.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevecounsell avatar image stevecounsell commented ·

I’m going to wait the new kit. Interesting to note that there’s a series of youtube videos on a complete Victron / VW Caravelle off grid build coming up this year too.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Offgrid page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron DC-DC converters product page