question

adric avatar image
adric asked

Blue Power Charger 12|30|3 with different chemistry batteries

Hi,

I have a setup on my boat where I have two calcium maintenance free Starter batteries, one connected to each engine and then a third House battery. Until yesterday my house battery was a AGM and I had the charger set to the Normal(14.4v) setting,

Yesterday I have replaced the AGM battery with a LiFePo4 one. I initially thought that I would change the setting to LI-ION, but I am now realizing that this could have an impact of my other two Starter batteries!

What would the best setting be in a situation like this?

Thank you in advance,

Adri

charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harrison avatar image harrison commented ·

I’m also interested in finding this out, I have AGM starter battery but lithium leisure batteries. Would like to know if you can use different charge settings for the different outputs.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
adric avatar image
adric answered ·

I have had a thought. As I also have an Orion 12|12|30 DC to DC Charger, that would never be used when on AC Shore Power, could I route the 1 House Battery output Charge from the Blue Power into the input of the DC to DC Charger, when the engines are off, and then use the 10 Ah output to drive the Orion to do the Li-Ion charging profile for the House battery? This way the Blue Power would stay set for Normal and the Orion would do the right charge profile to the LiFePo4 Battery!

Can someone please let me know if this would work?

Thanks,

Adri

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic