question

seltsam avatar image
seltsam asked

Help getting right settings from Battery Spec-Sheet

Hi lovely people!

Just got a new battery and would like to set it up properly with my MPPT 75/15.

I can't find all required information for the settings myself, maybe you can help me out a bit?

The Spec-Sheet of the Battery is available here: http://www.zelltronik.de/datenblatt/ctm/CTL/CTL160-12.pdf

I'm a bit confused on why charging voltage is mentioned 2 times with different Volts:

first page: Charge Voltage Float 2.25 - 2.30 VPC 
second page: Charging (constant voltage) Cyclic: 2.35 - 2.4 VPC

What I'm looking for is:

1) Absorption Voltage: ?

2) Float Voltage: ?

3) Equilization Voltage: ?

4) Loadout: Cutoff-values (low and high): ?

5 - Bonus) Some of the fine-tuning settings?

Hope you can shed some (sun)light, eh :D

Thanks

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Für mich sieht das nach einer ganz normalen Gel/AGM Batterie aus und da würde ich einfach die Voreinstellung 3 nehmen(14,4V/13,8V).

Zur Ausgleichsspannung ist keine Angabe gemacht, damit muss man bei VRLA-Batterien aber auch aufpassen, das diese nicht anfangen zu gasen.
Auch zur Temperaturkompensation ist keine Angabe gemacht. Da würde ich noch mal beim Hersteller nachfragen, diese deaktivieren oder einen Wert von vergleichbaren Batterien nutzen.

Tiefer als 11V würde ich nicht entladen(1,83V/Zelle), der Hersteller gibt die Kapazitäten bei Entladung auf bis zu 10.2V(1,7V/Zelle) an, was mMn verdammt tief ist.

Looks like a normal Gel/AGM battery to me and I would just use the preset 3 (14,4V/13,8V).

For the equalization voltage is nothing in the datasheet, you have to pay attention with that at VRAL-batteries to prevent gassing.
Also there is nothing for the temperature compensation. So I would ask the manufacture, deactivate it or use a setting from a similar battery.

For discharging I wouldn't go below 11V(1.83V/cell), the manufacture says you reach the mentioned capacity by discharging to 10.2V(1.7V/cell), what is IMO pretty low.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seltsam avatar image
seltsam answered ·

Thank you, that helps me a lot! :-)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic