question

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. asked

Can I make the Victron generator start/stop relay status visible in VRM?

hoi,

is there a way to see the status of the relais inside the quattro

somewhere on the vrm page or on the color?

i use the gen start / stop assist on the quattro , not the one on the color.

grtz kristof

p.s. maybe i looked over it on the vrm site???

edit:

iam not using it to start a gen. just to send pulse to a remote switch, to switch my grid inverter from ac-out to ac-in.

so it would be nice to see somewhere the status on the front screen of the colorgx

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Kristof.

Yes on the wishlist; but it will take (quite a) while before this gets done.

Matthijs

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps. If you use the GX device for generator start/stop; then the reason why the generator is running is visible on the page; and also part of the excel download.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. commented ·

Good to hear its on the wishlist ( for now i let the zigbee disconnect (reciever) together with the relais, so when my "pv inverter" is not visible on the color, i know the relais is not working and pv is on the gridside)

0 Likes 0 ·
tilo avatar image tilo Kristof G. commented ·

You might add two current sensors, one connected to the AC Input and the other to AC Output of the PV inverter connection. Like this the inverter will appear on VRM even with its power/energy information. In the console the PV inverter icon will appear on both sides, but only one side will have power.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. tilo commented ·

hi Tilo,

i do use an et112 for pv readout , but when pv is on the gridside the counting on the colorgx are wrong, so thats why i have to disconnect the zigbee ( read et112),so no data on vrm when the relais is open = switch from victron to grid feedin...

but i will post my status / tests on my other post...

now iam testing with siemens logo and some relais...and its working ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, my answer of yesterday was wrong sorry for that; its been removed now.

what we fixed recently is that you can see status of gx device relays and also other relays on vrm advanced pages. Those relays *can* be used for generator start stop. Especially the gx devices have quite a comprehensive generator start/stop programme. And on VRM you can not only see that the relay is closed, but also what condition made it close.

But: the status of the relays in the multi is (still) not available.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic