question

lucia avatar image
lucia asked

Does the Color Control support Outback Flexmax charge controllers?

Hi everyone

I'd like to know if the color control has any compatibility problems with charge controllers of other brands, such as Flexmax controllers.

Thank you all ! :)

CCGX Color Controlmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Lucia

Outback kit has it's own specialty/proprietary comms needs. I've an FM80 in the spares bin at home, and hope I never have to use it again.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lucia avatar image lucia commented ·

Thank you so much for your answer John.

And do you know if I would have any problems with Sonnenschain batteries? I have a Victron Multiplus compact in the system, would it be enough?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ lucia commented ·

This is really another question. Are the Sonnens Pb or Li for example? If Li with a bms, then you'd have to ask them. They weren't included in the Victron Li compatibility program, which was curtailed due to all the new arrivals (pretenders?) taking up too much testing time to get 'approved'. Not to say they wouldn't work with Victron kit, but they should know that.

And your FM may be ok too, just that it can't talk to the GX. In that scenario, a BMV monitor might be a worthwhile investment..

0 Likes 0 ·
lucia avatar image lucia JohnC ♦ commented ·

They are solar gel batteries: GEL Batery A602/850Solar - 6OPzV720

They are already connected to a victron multiplus, so maybe the information of the batteries can come from the inverter, as can be done with the VEConfig. Do you think there will be any problem?

I'll also buy a BlueSolar, so more info of the system (specially the batteries) will be available.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ lucia commented ·

Nice batts. And sure you can get V batt and ac usage info from the Multi, but not SOC or solar input, cos it can't see the mppt.

If you're still considering whether to actually buy a GX (of several varieties), I'd recommend you do. The VRM portal is a stunner, and you'll soon work out what more data you can't do without.

A BMV monitor would be good, especially if you retain the FM mppt.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page