question

chanik avatar image
chanik asked

Bluetooth dongle update failed, Error B10

I've been having difficulties to update firmware to v2.23 for my dongle using my android phone. It usually stops after couple of seconds at 12% (sometimes earlier). The result note is always the same: 'B10 Timeout waiting for a response. ...' I went through all the troubleshooting tips and tricks in the manual but no luck. The phone was right next to the dongle during the update. The update works on my old iPad but only to the 2.15 version. I'm then able to use the Victron app on the iPad but I can't use my phone as it always forces me to update straight after start up. Which fails every time.

Has anyone got any tips?

firmware updateBluetootherror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @chanik

Did you succeed with this? and if so, how did you get it to work?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chanik avatar image
chanik answered ·

Hey Daniel,

I ended up using my wife's phone (Android). Installed the app on it and it updated with no worries. After that I'm able to use my phone again (which was the one failing with the update every time). Still not sure what caused it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic