question

tim-callahan avatar image
tim-callahan asked

How do I add a multiplus back to my VRM installation after deleting it?

My RV has 675 watts solar, a 150/45 smartsolar charger, BMV-712, CCGX with nano WiFi adapter, a Multiplus 3000/12, and 3 100 ah lithium Battle Born batteries.
I’m having trouble getting the Multiplus to connect to VRM. Data logging occurs sporadically and the Multiplus hadn’t been seen in over a month so I thought to delete it and re-add might help. Now I don’t see where I can add the device back to the VRM installation. The Multiplus is not in the list of available devices to add. How do I put the multiplus back into my VRM?

TIA

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tim-callahan avatar image
tim-callahan answered ·

JohnC thank you. You were right that my Ethernet cable for the VE Link was the issue.
I had deleted the multiplus instance from the Device list in VRM portal. The new connection solved the intermittent connections and lack of regular reporting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Tim. Where did you 'delete' it, in VRM?

In the GX (not VRM itself, but maybe Remote Console via VRM), does it show in Device List? If not, and given your data history, you may have lost the VE.Bus link. Hopefully just a cable. Try reseating it at each end, then replacing it. I think that's just a standard RJ45 UTP (ethernet) cable - straight, not crossover.

If the GX can't see it, you'll get nowhere. But come back..

2 |3000