question

khwf avatar image
khwf asked

Quattro 48V-8000VA Off Grid - additional AC supplies connect

I plan to add further supplier sources to my of grid System: 3x Quattro 48V-8000VA with Pylontech Batteries 40kWh behind. For continuous feed I would like to integrate a SkyWind Micro - Wind mill 1kWmax connected to the 52Hz off grid environment.

The FuSystems SkyWind is able to drop the AC power if no loads are connected.

The power is provided by a 60Hz AC connection in the micro grid while dumping the power into a heat sink when no loads are connected. In between a 60V DC to AC conversion is done.

Question: Does the Quattro AC output provides an adequate (grid like) stable frequency and 1-phase voltage to the SkyWind AC-Converter/Controler (needed to simulate an on-grid / without feed-in situation)?

Is the Quattro’s AC frequency strong enough, concerning the consumer sided behaviour based on active loads or no power consumption situation to indicate the heat sink or AC power provisioning ?

Does the Quattro provide preventions to consume itself the AC power on the micro grid side?

It seems a simlar control as been established with “Fronius PV Inverters” on the AC consumption/ micro grid side, which in fact has to be configured in a special setup.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargeroffgridac coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @khwf

It is not possible to say for sure if the grid provided by the Quattros will conform with the requirements of this 3rd party AC coupled wind controller.

However it is extremely likely that it will.

The frequency and voltage is very stable under normal conditions, and given the relative power scale of the wind to the Quattros, I would think they will be able to resist any adjustment testing by the wind controller's loss of mains detection.

With the correct AC coupled assistants loaded, the Quattro will be prepared to consume AC coupled power to charge the batteries, and raise the system frequency when batteries are full.

The AC coupled control system is not special to Fronius, it is widely accepted frequency shifting power control.

Perhaps the wind controller supplier also has advice on inverter compatibility?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Any update to this project? Was it successful? I'm also interested in adding a wind turbine, and I got across this solution from Skywind...

2 |3000