question

volkerkuehne avatar image
volkerkuehne asked

How can I adjust the charging parameter from Multiplus II GX 48V to MPPT150/35 Loader Via VE-Direct

I want to use the LIPO Batterie . It has a SIMP-BMS what I can connect to the Multiplus.

How can the Multiplus send the correct charging parameter to the MPPT 150/35?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @volkerkuehne

I am not familiar with the specifics of your BMS. But I am familiar with Battery BMS working with Victron in general.

I googled for the SIMP-BMS Victron, and found this documentation.

Based on that, it would seem that this BMS requires a Victron GX device, like your Multiplus II - GX and the connection of the MultiPlus, and MPPT to it.

The BMS then needs to be connected to the VE.Can port of the GX device, with a straight RJ45 cable, and the port set to 500kbit/s mode.

All going well, using DVCC, the MultiPlus and MPPT will then be managed by the battery.

This is not a supported BMS, it has not been tested by Victron, so I am only speaking generally as to how something like this might work, not saying that it will do so.

Perhaps some other community member has personal experience with these specific components and can help further.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

volkerkuehne avatar image
volkerkuehne answered ·

Hi Guy ,

thank for answer .

By the way I want t ask about my grid company:

In germany we have to choice if we want to charge the batterie from grid ore charge from solar .

I deside charge from solar.

The grid company want that I install an "Enfluri relay" that can prevent charge the battery from grid.

Can I get a statement from Victron that the Multiplus can prevent to charge the battery from grid too - so that it is not nessesary to install a "Enfluri relais" ?

Best regards Volker

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic