question

tlinn avatar image
tlinn asked

What is the formula for calculating charging time

I have a 540 Ah battery bank made up of two Battle Born Game Changer 3.0 batteries. I have a Victron MultiPlus 12v | 3000w | 120 inverter. And I have a Honda EU2200i inverter generator with a rated output of 15A. What is the formula for figuring out how long it will take to completely charge my battery bank? If someone wants to give me the answer, that's fine, but I'd really like to understand the calculation.

Thanks!

battery chargingGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I wrote a simple calc that used the battery's SOC to calculate how many AH were remaining and I divided that by the current it was being charged at - Easily translated from hours to hours/minutes/seconds/. SOC isn't 100% accurate but it provided a value that was sufficient for the purpose.

2 |3000